Welcome!

Welcome to Just Another AIO Blog, a site that is dedicated to the popular radio drama Adventures in Odyssey. We provide news, reviews on the latest episodes, articles, features, and we also are home to Adventures in Connellsville, a unique look at the town next to Odyssey through book form, We also provide a U.S.S. Response page that gets updated every other day. This page provides a response to recent comments on The Soda Shop Message Boards. And just recently, we started a unique Adventures in Odyssey podcast: called JAAIOP, or Just Another AIO Podcast. Feel free to post comments or subscribe to this site by email or with Google Friend Connect. Thank you!

Signed,
Alex Jefferson, creator and operator of Just Another AIO Blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

JAAIOB 16 (Make that 15...) Days of Christmas: A Birthday Cake For Jesus 12/11/12

     I apologize for my negligence in posting yesterday; I realized last night when I was in bed I hadn't blogged, I'm afraid I forgot it.  However, I will be making a 15 Days of Christmas post today...

     My church is doing a special series on Christmas called, interestingly enough: Christmas Is Not Your Birthday.  It's produced some fascinating sermons, and they've been getting me thinking...  Someone should make a birthday cake for Jesus.  And a quick Google search tells me that someone has.  In fact, many people have.  Today I shall be showcasing some actual birthday cakes for Jesus.  There's obviously no need to make a birthday cake for the Lord of all, but it's a gesture that will bring everyone back to what Christmas is really about.  So, without further ado, I shall present the cakes.  (Jesus had better have a pretty big appetite! ;))

     
    
          Notes: Though it's not exactly a cake, this one is worth mentioning.  I'm honestly not sure what those blueberries are supposed to be, but the hearts after "Jesus" are very sweet... (No pun intended)

        

          Notes: This cake is quite amusing...  I wish I could count the candles, but the image is a bit too blurry...

    
          Notes: Hmm... Another great one.  I notice there appear to be 12 candles.  Does this symbolize anything?  Perhaps the 12 disciples?  If you think so or have another theory, post in the comments. 

          Notes: Very nice...  I notice there's a depiction of Bethlehem at the bottom.  I like that they put the manger.  It reminds everyone instantly of the Christmas Story.

          Notes: This might actually be my favorite of them all.  It shows a Christmas tree to the side and a snowflake above, but baby Jesus in his manger, is, of course, the centerpiece...

        

         

          Notes: This is another one of the best.  I like how Jesus is the only thing aside from the star that draws your attention, and the simplicity of the cake is brilliant and touching.

    

         

     There are a few more, but you get the idea...  I hope this was a nice, gentle, delicious reminder of what Christmas is really about.  Tomorrow I shall have an AIO Christmas article, to fulfill my promise of giving you AIO-related Christmas posts.
     Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. สล็อต ทางเข้าเล่นที่ดี เว็บออนไลน์ วอเลท เกม pg slot ออนไลน์ยอดฮิตมากที่สุดในขณะนี้ เว็บ pg มาพร้อมเกมส์ออนไลน์ PG SLOT เกมที่มีให้เลือกเล่นมากกว่า 100 เกมให้เลือกเล่น

    ReplyDelete